Total Direct Energie is one of the largest energy suppliers in France, with a client base of over 4 million. Created following the fusion of Total Spring and Direct Energie, it offers various electricity and gas plans cheaper than the regulated tariffs. Find out all about the provider's offers, how to contact them and subscribe below.
The Total Direct Energie electricity offers in 2019
Total Direct Energie has 4 types of offers for electricity:
- The classic offer ("Offre Classique") is the provider's standard offer. It gives access to over-the-phone customer service and a personalised annual report of your consumption. The price of the kWh is 5% lower than the regulated EDF tariff.
- The online offer ("Offre Online") is a cheaper version of the classic version, due to its entirely online-based customer service. All processes and queries are dealt with via your online client account, including questions about bills, consumption, etc. This offer gives you a 10% discount on the price of each kWh.
- The green offer ("Offre Verte") puts emphasis on the development of renewable energies. Here, Total Direct Energie gives you the guarantee that it will invest in an amount of renewable energy equivalent to your own consumption of electricity. This offer comes with a 2% discount off the price of each kWh, thus remaining lower than the EDF regulated tariffs.
- The super off-peak hours offer ("Offre Heures Super Creuses") is reserved to owners of a Linky meter. With this offer, consumption of electricity during off-peak hours (between 2am and 6am) is % cheaper compared to full hours. This offer actually provides the cheapest price per kWh on the French market, and is therefore ideal for households wanting to save money on bills and able to program their appliances and the hot water tank.
|Meter power||Online Offer||Classic Offer||Green Offer|
|With Base option|
|3 kVA||0.1439 €||0.1496 €||0.1532 €|
|6 kVA||0.1439 €||0.1496 €||0.1532 €|
|9 à 36 kVA||0.1475 €||0.1536 €||0.1572 €|
|With Peak/Off Peak Option
6 to 36 kVA
|Peak hours||0.1656 €||0.1725 €||0.1769 €|
|Off-peak hours||0.1247 €||0.1295 €||0.1323 €|
The Total Direct Energie gas offers in 2019
Total Direct Energie has 3 types of offers for gas:
- The online gas offer ("'Offre Online Gaz")&comes with a 100% online-based customer service, just like the online electricity offer. It comes with 10% off the price of each kWh.
- The classic gas offer ("Offre Classique Gaz") gives you 5% off the price of each kWh.
- The green gas offer ("Offre Verte Gaz") is fuelled by a mix of natural gas (90%) and French biogas (10%). It gives you a 2% discount off the price of each kWh.
|Use of gas||Online offer||Classic offer||Green offer|
|Hot water and cooking||0.0647 €||0.0677 €||0.0695 €|
|Heating||0.0431 €||0.0449 €||0.0460 €|
How to subscribe to a Total Direct Energie offer
Think Total Direct Energie is the right provider for you? Here is how to subscribe - the process is, as you will see, free, seamless and very quick.
Switching from a provider to Total Direct Energie
In France, the process of switching your gas or electricity supplier is free, easy and quick.
You don't even need to notify your current supplier of your wish to change, as your new provider of choice (in this case Total Direct Energie) will do that for you!
What's more, you won't experience a power outage during the changeover process.
To subscribe to Total Direct Energie, you can get in touch with one of Selectra's English-Speaking advisors by calling 01 86 26 53 46, or asking for a free callback. Our team will help you set up a new contract that'll fit both your needs and budget.
In order to facilitate the process, have the following information at hand prior to the call:
- The latest bill you got from your current supplier
- A recent meter reading
- If you plan on using direct debit to pay your Total Direct Energie bills, your banking details (ideally a French IBAN).
Total Direct Energie doesn't offer English-speaking customer serviceIt is worth noting that Total Direct Energie doesn't offer an English helpline, something you need to consider before signing up if you aren't comfortable with communicating in French.
Signing up to Total Direct Energie after moving home
Subscribing to Total Direct Energie happens a little differently if you have just moved into a new home in France.
Here, you can also get in touch with an English-speaking Selectra advisor at 01 86 26 53 46 to get signed up to the provider, but after the call, an Enedis or GRDF technician will come to your address, in order to open your meter.
In this case, your new provider Total Direct Energie will help arrange the appointment by being the intermediary between you and Enedis or GRDF. This appointment comes at a cost, as detailed below.
|Natural gas (GRDF)|
|With an energy supply cut||Standard: under 5 days||16,76€ (with tax)||19,39€ (with tax)|
|Express: within 24-48 hours||55,07€ (with tax)||62,24€ (with tax)|
|Urgent: the same day||149,19€ (with tax)||149,35€ (with tax)|
|Without an energy supply cut||16,76€ (with tax)||19,39€ (with tax)|
|Smart meters (Linky)||Under 24 working hours||16,79€ (with tax)||-|
|For a first meter opening||Within 10 days||50,56€ (with tax)||19,39€ (with tax)|
How to contact Total Direct Energie in France
You can contact Total Direct Energie in several ways - just choose the one which works for you!
How to contact Total Direct Energie over the phone
You can reach the Total Direct Energie customer service by calling the number 09 77 40 50 60 (Monday to Saturday from 9 am to 7 pm) for queries regarding bills, consumption or your current gas / electricity plan.
The phone number for Total Direct Energie HQ is 01 55 48 05 80.
Total Direct Energie unfortunately won't be able to provide Customer Service in English, so just keep this in mind if you are considering signing up with the provider.
How to contact Total Direct Energie online
You have several means of getting in touch with the provider online:
Via the Total Direct Energie online form,
By sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Via the Total Direct Energie app (available for iOS and Android).
How to contact Total Direct Energie by mail
You can also write to Total Direct Energie, with 2 addresses depending on your concern.
Contacting Total Direct Energie's Customer Service by mail
To write to Total Direct Energie customer service, simply address your letter to:
Total Direct Energie - Service Clients
75901 Paris CEDEX 15
Contacting Total Direct Energie Headquarters by mail
If on the other hand you need to contact the provider's HQ, the address is :
Total Direct Energie
2 bis rue Louis Armand
Who is Total Direct Energie?
Total Direct Energie is the product of a fusion between former suppliers Total Spring (which bought Lampiris in 2016) and Direct Energie. The electricity supplier today focuses more and more on green electricity, with an electricity supply offer sourced 100% from renewable origins.
The new provider has ambitious objectives, as it is aiming to have 6 millions clients in France by 2022, and 15% of the market.
By becoming a larger and more powerful supplier, Total Direct Energie is becoming one of EDF's major competitors in the electricity sector, and of Engie in the gas sector.